Sketchup for engineers

Its been a dream and a goal of mine to create a online youtube course for engineering students around the Sketchup Pro software. When it comes to 3d design and drawing, Sketchup Pro is the easiest by far. I have been 3d sketching for years now. I am certifide in Solidworks, have completed the professional level courses as well for solidworks in a drafting course offered through a tech school, i have finished my certification in drafting at slcc for autocad, inventor and pro-engineer.

But i still find myself turning to Sketchup pro..Why? Because its so simple, has THOUSNADS of free extensions, is a solid modeler, though its not parametric, and have i mentioned how simple it is to use? I mean, its super simple to use. No need to pick what plane your sketching on, or adding an angled plane or some weird sketch face. Its literally like drawing in the real world.

So, i wanted to share with others how to use the program. i am only partially done with the series, but hopefully soon, i can add more videos.  For now, i will link some videos here and also some pictures of projects i have done.

I use SU pro all the time for my 3d printing adventures. I make threads, 3d printer upgrades, planter boxes for me mom and a bunch of other stuff.

Below are some videos i made as well as some demos of a house and steam engine i sketched up. Enjoy;)

Link to videos:
Making threads (no sound)
Corner block (with sound)
Corner block part 2
Corner block part 3






No comments:

Post a Comment